The school day in primary
● 8.40am: School gates will be open at High Street and Millbay
● 8:40am: Walking Bus leaves
● 8:55am: Gates close. Register.
End of day:
● 3:15pm: End of day at High Street - collect from main gate
● 3:15pm: Walking Bus leaves High Street and Millbay
● 3:25pm: Walking Bus arrives at Millbay and High Street
● 3:25pm: End of day at Millbay - collect from playground
The School Day in Secondary
Times of School Day
● 8.30 - 8:40am: Arrive at School
● 8:40 - 9:00am: Registration and Tutor Lesson
● 9:05 - 10:05am: Session 1 (5min teacher movement to be ready to start at 09:10)
● 10:10 - 11:10am: Session 2 (5min teacher movement to be ready to start at 10:10)
● 11:10 - 11:40am: Break
● 11:40 - 12:40pm: Session 3
● 12:45 - 1:45pm: Session 4 (5min teacher movement to be ready to start at 12:45)
● 1:45 - 2:20pm: Lunch
● 2:20 - 3:20pm: Session 5
● 3:20 - 4:30pm: Session 6 (Extra curricular provision and additional lessons for year 11)
Pupils need to attend the academy regularly and punctually if they are to take full advantage of the educational opportunities available to them by law. Millbay Academy recognises its responsibilities to ensure students are in school and on time and therefore have access to learning for the maximum number of days and hours.
Children who are absent from school frequently develop large gaps in their learning which will impact on their progress and their ability to meet age related learning expectations.
Millbay Academy has high expectations for all students with regard to attendance. Pupils should aim for 100% attendance and achieve a minimum of 97% attendance.